RE: Execute a function through fdw

From: Patrick FICHE <Patrick(dot)Fiche(at)aqsacom(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Execute a function through fdw
Date: 2019-10-18 16:14:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Le ven. 18 oct. 2019 à 17:53, Patrick FICHE <Patrick(dot)Fiche(at)aqsacom(dot)com<mailto:Patrick(dot)Fiche(at)aqsacom(dot)com>> a écrit :
Hi,

I got one more issue after I created my view.

I created it on my Server 1 but I am unable to view it on the Server 2.
I can see all tables through fdw after IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA.

I was able to get access to my view only after recreating the SERVER / USER MAPPING on Server 2.

Is it the expected behavior to recreate the FOREIGN SERVER / SCHEMA after a new table or view has been created ?

| No, you don't need to re create the foreign server. How did it not work?

After I created the view on the server 1, I tried to import it in the Foreign Schema on Server 2 using the LIMITED clause.
The command executed successfully but when I tried to query the view on server 2, it returned that table did not exist.

So, I tried to reimport the full schema (after dropping / creating the schema on server 2), I ran the IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA without any LIMITED clause. I could see all tables but still not the view.

The only solution that I found in order to get the view accessible on Server 2 was to recreate the SERVER / USER MAPPING and IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA.

My Postgres versions on both servers is 11.5.

Regards,