Database migration to RDS issues permissions

From: "Fran (dot)(dot)(dot)" <Bryan691(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database migration to RDS issues permissions
Date: 2016-11-19 13:21:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have to migrate a production database to RDS. This is the size and info:

database | owneruser | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | =Tc/owneruser +| 32 GB | pg_default |

Origin database:

1 database

1 owneruser with superuser permission

Backup archived size is 2G and it takes less than a minute.

I am trying to running the following steps in a DEV environment and I am having problems with destination permissions.

1º-Creating RDS instance

Done and I can connect to.

2º-Making backup:

pg_dump -F c database > backup_db.dump

3º-Creating user,database and grant permissions in RDS.
Create database database;
CREATE USER owneruser WITH PASSWORD 'owneruser';
create database database;
grant all privileges on database to ownerdatabase;

4º-Restoring backup
pg_restore -d database -h hostname -U postgres -F c -f log_file.log backup.db.dump

While restoring is working it prints a lot of permissions errors.

It's being hard to find "how to" and documentations about right permissions.

Regards.