Re: BUG #14581: invalid cache ID: 41 CONTEXT: parallel worker

From: Stepan Yankevych <Stepan_Yankevych(at)epam(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "stepya(at)ukr(dot)net" <stepya(at)ukr(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14581: invalid cache ID: 41 CONTEXT: parallel worker
Date: 2017-03-07 18:01:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Tom.

Thanks for so quick response.

It quite difficult to reproduce.
The only observation. Usually it crashes with parallelism only on quite big tables with inheritance .

The main table contains many partitions (inherited tables)
We query main table with condition on date_id = ? . In the execution plan we can see one partition only. All the next runs crashes as well.
Reconnect to the DB can help but no always.
After some time the same query can successfully be run.

Anyway I will try to write script to reproduce it. But not sure if I could be so lucky to reproduce it on a sample.

Thanks!
Best Regards,
Stepan Yankevych
Lead Software Engineer