A replication like process

From: "Jason" <usul(at)thesleeper(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A replication like process
Date: 2001-08-03 11:50:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Has anyone been able to make rserv work on RH 7.1? I spent most of today
trying to set it up and left it failing in two ways.

1. The logging of database updates is incorrect. The data from the 1st
field in each record is stored as the key in _rserv_log_

2. The Replicate script makes it through all connections and preparation of
the snapshot, but dies during ApplySnapshot.

Any help or a pointer to some examples or docs would be much appreciated.
However, what I really want is some kind of low-overhead log-based
replication. Any ideas? The replication I'm using now is a home-brewed
perl script that checks a "replicated" flag in each record and updates the
slaves accordingly. It works, but its crude and slow.

Regards,

Jason