Issues with imported blobs from Postgres 8 to 9

From: Mahdi Mankai <mahdi(dot)mankai(at)fuegoondemand(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issues with imported blobs from Postgres 8 to 9
Date: 2011-02-28 06:44:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I created a database dumb using pg_dump on Postgres 8.3.6. After that I tried to import the same database into a Postgres 9.0 install. Everything worked fine except some image blobs. Some of them seem to be corrupt.

OS: Mac OS X Server 10.5.8. The same issue happened on Mac OS X client 10.6.6.

I downloaded the Postgres 9 version taken from Enterprise DB. I also tried the one from http://www.postgresqlformac.com/ since my initial database was created in Postgres 8 downloaded from there. I had the same issue.

In some forums, it was mentioned that I needed to set bytea_output = 'escape' in the config file. Which I did with no luck even after deleting and importing the DB again.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Mahdi