Re: Issues with imported blobs from Postgres 8 to 9

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mahdi Mankai <mahdi(dot)mankai(at)fuegoondemand(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issues with imported blobs from Postgres 8 to 9
Date: 2011-02-28 15:58:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Mahdi Mankai <mahdi(dot)mankai(at)fuegoondemand(dot)com> writes:
> I created a database dumb using pg_dump on Postgres 8.3.6. After that I tried to import the same database into a Postgres 9.0 install. Everything worked fine except some image blobs. Some of them seem to be corrupt.

I doubt this is a bytea_escape problem. In the first place that would
only affect output from the new server, not input into it; and in the
second place, if that were the issue, it would probably result in *all*
your blobs being messed up not just a small number of them. We need
a lot more details than this to offer any help.