Re: [0.2] getting transactions to work

From: reiner peterke <zedaardv(at)drizzle(dot)com>
To: <bedouglas(at)earthlink(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "'Rod K'" <rod(at)23net(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [0.2] getting transactions to work
Date: 2004-07-30 16:08:25
Lists: pgsql-php

well i've read about this thing called persistent connection,
i think it is supposed to exist in mysql also. the idea sound like
what i want. i've tried it but i didn't get any different results. but
then i'm not convinced i did it right either.

On 30 jul 2004, at 17.21, bruce wrote:

> if psgres works as mysql.... you should be able to do it...
>
> but the issue appears to be that the connection you establish with the
> db in
> one page, is not available once you shut the page down.
>
> within mysql, there appears to be a mysqli group of functions that are
> setup
> to accommodate transactions across multiple pages... i would
> imagine/hope
> that the same sort of functionality is available for posgres....
>
> i'm getting close to needing the same functionality with mysql, and i'm
> betting/hoping like hell that what i've just described is how mysql/php
> works...
>
> -bruce

>>> ('$_POST[diety]','$_POST[culture]','$_POST[gender]')";