Re: Localization

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Yonatan Misgan <yonamis(at)dtu(dot)edu(dot)et>
Cc: "pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Localization
Date: 2019-06-11 08:34:20
Lists: pgsql-translators

> On 10 Jun 2019, at 14:29, Yonatan Misgan <yonamis(at)dtu(dot)edu(dot)et> wrote:
>
> Translation is only one aspect of locales. Other localization aspects are system services. There are many attributes that are needed to define a country’s cultural conventions. These attributes include besides the country’s native language, the formatting of the date and time, the representation of numbers, the symbols for currency, etc. The locale represents the knowledge needed to support the country’s native attributes. So my question is how can I handled these locale aspects (date and time, collation order, currency symbol, numeric symbol, and format ) in PostgreSQL. Thank you.

If you search for locale in the PostgreSQL documentation you will find good
resources to get started, among them:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/locale.html

Also note that this list is primarily used for discussing translations of the
postgres binaries, for usage questions around locale support pgsql-general or
pgsql-novice might be better suited.

cheers ./daniel