Re: basic download and setup questions

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, Afton & Ray Still <rastill(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: basic download and setup questions
Date: 2004-12-16 20:11:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Dec 16, 2004, at 2:17 PM, George Weaver wrote:

> If you're trying to access the user account information for the "logon
> as service" component (not the database superuser), check under Start
> - Settings - Control Panel - User Accounts. There should be a user
> postgres with the password that was assigned by the installer. You
> can delete this user account and start from scratch, or change the
> password to one more convenient for yourself. Use this new password
> when you re-install PostgreSQL.

My install is working ok, but I don't have a postgres user in the user
accounts control panel (I'm the admin account and the only other
account listed is "Guest"). So I think it is some other class of user
account that does not show up in the control panel. Or perhaps
PostgreSQL does not install it properly. But the task manager shows
that postmaster.exe is running with the postgres account.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL