Re: weird network issue

From: kevin kempter <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>
To: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
Cc: Jonathan Nalley <jnalley(at)fgp(dot)com>, "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: weird network issue
Date: 2008-03-28 18:05:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm not sure who all can connect to this box, I have several clients
with pgadmin III installed that cannot get to it.

This is from the 192.168.111.11 box:

[root(at)flux ~]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp any
ACCEPT esp -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT ah -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere 224.0.0.251 udp
dpt:mdns
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp
dpt:syslog
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:ntp
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
RELATED,ESTAB
LISHED
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:s
sh
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:h
ttps
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:h
ttp
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:v
mware-authd
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:a
uth
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
udp dpt:a
uth
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:s
vn
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
udp dpt:s
vn
REJECT all -- anywhere anywhere reject-
with icmp-ho
st-prohibited
[root(at)flux ~]#

And this is from the 192.168.111.13 box:

[root(at)db1 ~]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp any
ACCEPT esp -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT ah -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere 224.0.0.251 udp
dpt:mdns
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp
dpt:microsoft-d
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp
dpt:microsoft-d
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp
dpts:netbios-ns
:netbios-ssn
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp
dpts:netbios-ns
:netbios-ssn
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
RELATED,ESTAB
LISHED
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:s
mtp
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:s
sh
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:h
ttps
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:h
ttp
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:p
ostgres
LOG all -- anywhere anywhere LOG level
warning