Re: Release dateline :-(

From: "Richard P(dot) Welty" <rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Release dateline :-(
Date: 2005-09-20 02:54:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sep 19, 2005, at 10:20 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> You are missing the obvious:
>
> New Orleans, LA

my joke was that as long as something that meaningless
was a requirement, we should flip through small towns
with mildly silly names.

however, a more subtle form of the joke would be to take a
list of cities associated with companies that are strong
supporters (of which Tokyo would probably count, for SRA if not
for Fujitsu as well) and flip through those.

as for New Orleans, i think too many people would react negatively
to that, even if intended as a tribute rather than a subtly "off"
joke (i was worried about whether my mention of Picayune was over
the line, but i guess no one else on this list is aware of how close
Picayune is to new orleans and that as such the place is a little
roughed up itself right now.)

richard