Re: Assertion for logically decoding multi inserts into the catalog

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Assertion for logically decoding multi inserts into the catalog
Date: 2019-08-05 22:52:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 31 Jul 2019, at 19:20, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi> wrote:

> This patch makes the assertion more strict than it was before. I don't see how it could possibly make a regression failure go away. On the contrary. So, huh?

Yeah, this is clearly fat-fingered, the intent is to only run the Assert in
case XLH_INSERT_CONTAINS_NEW_TUPLE is set in xlrec->flags, as it only applies
under that condition. The attached is tested in both in the multi-insert patch
and on HEAD, but I wish I could figure out a better way to express this Assert.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
logdec_assert-v2.patch application/octet-stream 1.2 KB