Join question

From: "Williams, Travis L, NEO" <tlw(at)att(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Join question
Date: 2003-08-28 21:55:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Question,

I have a table (1) with 2 col (a & b) where b can sometimes be null. I need a query that if B is null I get back the contents of A.. but if B is not null I do a join on it and table (2) col c to get the contents of table (2) col d.. I can do this in multiple queries.. but was wondering if I could do it in 1.

Travis