Join question

From: "Williams, Travis L, NPONS" <tlw(at)att(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Join question
Date: 2003-05-30 00:20:35
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a table that is set up like this

table A:
First_name,Last_name,login

I have another table that is set up like this

table B:
date,date,person1,person2,person3

where the person1,2,3 is the login name from the first table.

I need to get the first_name and last_name of all 3 persons using one select (well I don't have to do it in one.. but I thought it would be cleaner).. I can do one person using a join select like this:

select A.First_name,A.Last_name from A,B where B.person1 = A.login

I tried adding an or statement like "or B.person2 = A.login" but that returns 2 entrys for each row.. where I'm trying to get all the information back in one.

Thanks in advance,

Travis