Re: stats_block_level

From: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Hatcher Kimberly <kim(at)myemma(dot)com>, "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: stats_block_level
Date: 2007-08-01 19:49:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

\On Jul 29, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com> writes:
>> improvement that went into that release. I could test turning it
>> back on this week if you like -- I certainly would like to have my
>> blks_read/cach_hits stats back. Toggling stats_block_level will
>> respond to a reload, yes?
>
> Yes, as long as you had stats_start_collector on at startup.
>
> regards, tom lane

Ok, we finally had a day with both our sysadmin and me in the office,
flipped stats_block_level back on and noticed no noticable change in
our iostats. We're going to leave it on and if anything starts to go
crazy in the next couple of days I'll be sure to let you know.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik(at)myemma(dot)com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888