Re: New server: SSD/RAID recommendations?

From: "Graeme B(dot) Bell" <graeme(dot)bell(at)nibio(dot)no>
To: "hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi" <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: "Wes Vaske (wvaske)" <wvaske(at)micron(dot)com>, "Graeme B(dot) Bell" <graeme(dot)bell(at)nibio(dot)no>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New server: SSD/RAID recommendations?
Date: 2015-07-07 15:58:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

Yikes. I would not be able to sleep tonight if it were not for the BBU cache in front of these disks...

diskchecker.pl consistently reported several examples of corruption post-power-loss (usually 10 - 30 ) on unprotected M500s/M550s, so I think it's pretty much open to debate what types of madness and corruption you'll find if you look close enough.