pg_streamrecv for 9.1?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_streamrecv for 9.1?
Date: 2010-12-29 10:47:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Would people be interested in putting pg_streamrecv
(http://github.com/mhagander/pg_streamrecv) in bin/ or contrib/ for
9.1? I think it would make sense to do so.

It could/should then also become the default tool for doing
base-backup-over-libpq, assuming me or Heikki (or somebody else)
finishes off the patch for that before 9.1. We need a tool for that of
some kind if we add the functionality, after all...

What do people think - is there interest in that, or is it better off
being an outside tool?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/