Re: pg_streamrecv for 9.1?

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_streamrecv for 9.1?
Date: 2010-12-29 12:03:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em 29-12-2010 07:47, Magnus Hagander escreveu:
> Would people be interested in putting pg_streamrecv
> (http://github.com/mhagander/pg_streamrecv) in bin/ or contrib/ for
> 9.1? I think it would make sense to do so.

+1 but...

> It could/should then also become the default tool for doing
> base-backup-over-libpq, assuming me or Heikki (or somebody else)
> finishes off the patch for that before 9.1.

I think that the base backup feature is more important than simple streaming
chunks of the WAL (SR already does this). Talking about the base backup over
libpq, it is something we should implement to fulfill people's desire that
claim an easy replication setup.

IIRC, Dimitri already coded a base backup over libpq tool [1] but it is
written in Python.

[1] https://github.com/dimitri/pg_basebackup/

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira