Re: BUG #5704: not correct restrictions plperlu

From: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Igor <oru(at)ukr(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5704: not correct restrictions plperlu
Date: 2010-10-13 17:19:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:34, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Igor <oru(at)ukr(dot)net> wrote:
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.1
>> Operating system:   CentOs 5
>> Details:
>>
>> rights of functions on plperlu
>> lower than the user postgres
>>
>> external system command not execut (telnet)
>
> It's very unclear from this description what you think the problem is.

Yeah, however if I had to guess: the system user 'postges' can execute
telnet but system('telnet') from within plperlu fails. (Or the other
way around?) Still not much we can do without error messages or test
cases ;). My hunch would be hrm, its centos... selinux related? Try
fiddling with that. Also make sure you specify the full path or that
your PATH is set right.

> Please provide a self-contained test case showing what you think
> should happen and what actually does happen.

Obviously including any relevant error messages :).