Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job

From: Nikhil S <nixmisc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job
Date: 2011-02-06 10:31:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

When creating a new job, if one directly clicks on the Schedules tab and
tries to add one, then the date picker does not work. I was trying to see
why this is so for quite a while. Then I realized that adding a schedule or
a step before the job has been actually created does not make sense.

However the confusion arises from the fact that when we want to create a new
job, the other tabs are clickable and one can get confused because of this.
A way to fix this would to hide or freeze the other tabs while creating the
job for the first time.

In dlgJob::Go, I do see some code which tries to do this when the job is
being created:

btnChangeStep->Hide();
btnChangeSchedule->Hide();

However the above does not seem to be working :(
Any idea what could be the reason?

Regards,
Nikhils