Re: plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0.3

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Fitzpatrick <robert(at)webtent(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plperl.dll on windows with postgresql 9.0.3
Date: 2011-02-08 20:50:20
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't use pl/perl, but I've seen a very similar "could not load
library" error with pl/python on Windows, even though the dll named
was present. Windows gives very bad error messages when it fails to
dynamically link. You could use something like dependency walker,
which is probably a pain. I think that plperl.dll simply wants to link
to a major version of perl that you don't have. It's a matter of
finding out which and installing it.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan