Re: Not able to connect to postgresql database

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Manohar Bhattarai <manoharbhattarai(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Not able to connect to postgresql database
Date: 2010-06-01 20:30:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Well, first of all, you may want to stick with a single driver jar.
8.4 is backwards compatible with 8.3, so you should probably use 8.4,
and jdbc3 vs. jdbc4 is a Java version issue--jdbc4 for Java 6 and up,
jdbc3g for Java 5. I'm not sure what happens if you try to load
different definitions of the same class four times (not to mention
that I'm not sure how it's even possible, since the 3g and 4 versions
are compile-time incompatible with projects using a different Java
version).

If you're still getting errors, try an explicit

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

and see if you still get an Exception. If so, it sounds like an
Eclipse configuration issue since the jar isn't showing up in your
classpath.
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 230
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
(650) 242-3501 F