Re: [BUGS] BUG #5791: Tables are not viewing through pgadmin

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Benoygopal <benoy(at)cdactvm(dot)in>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5791: Tables are not viewing through pgadmin
Date: 2010-12-20 09:21:50
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Benoygopal <benoy(at)cdactvm(dot)in> wrote:
> Dear PgAdmin Support Team,
>
> In our research and implementation projects we are using postgres database and pgadmin client as the front end.
> Our application and database are deployed in linux RHEL , Ubuntu and Windows. Using our application continuously data is logged into the database tables and the log tables are created every day. Other than this we have other tables as well to keep our configuration data. The tables are created automatically when we run our application and it can be viewed through the pgadmin client. We are using triggers , stored procedures etc.
>
> Because of some reasons we could not view the tables using pgadmin client (initially we could see all tables, triggers, procedures etc.), however we could able to log the data to the corresponding tables using our programs and the table data can be displayed using the SQL editor in the pgadmin client. When we check the tables from the pgadmin table property count would be zero.
>
> Have you experienced this type of issue any time? What is the reason for this?

Do you mean the tables don't show up in the treeview? I assume you've
refreshed, after the tables have been created.

Are you looking in the right schema? Perhaps the search path means the
tables are being created somewhere other than where you expect.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company