Re: ALTER TABLE...ALTER COLUMN vs inheritance

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE...ALTER COLUMN vs inheritance
Date: 2010-06-16 03:51:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de> wrote:

> Lost it a little from my radar, but here's is a first shot on this issue
> now. The patch creates a new CONSTRAINT_NOTNULL contype and assigns all
> required information for the NOT NULL constraint to it. Currently the
> constraint records the attribute number it belongs to and manages the
> inheritance properties. Passes regression tests with some adjustments to
> pg_constraint output.

Confirmed that this tests fine against commit id
0dca7d2f70872a242d4430c4c3aa01ba8dbd4a8c

I also wrote a little test script and verified that it throws an error
when I try to remove a constraint from the parent table.

Should an explicit test be added for this?

There are some spelling and grammar errors in comments that I can help
fix if you want the help.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me