March meeting in 10 days!

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: March meeting in 10 days!
Date: 2011-03-07 20:28:58
Lists: pdxpug

PDXPUG: March Meeting

This month's meeting marks the third installment in our "Founders
Series". I'll be test-driving the talk I'm giving at PgCon.

When: 7-9pm Thu Mar 17, 2011
Where: FreeGeek
Who: Gabrielle Roth
What: PostgreSQL Logging

Logging is an important part of your database monitoring suite,
providing historical information for troubleshooting and forensic
purposes: which user logged in when, what queries they ran and how
long they took, when the database restarted. PostgreSQL offers
different file format, message format, and message content options for
logging. These options can be kind of overwhelming for the first-time
user. We'll walk through the various configuration parameters to help
you figure out how to get what you need in a format that's useful to
you. Then we'll discuss some solutions (pgFouine and friends) for
extracting information from your logs.

(Green?) beer afterwards at the Lucky Lab. See you there!PDXPUG: March Meeting