Re: Git conversion progress report and call for testing assistance

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Git conversion progress report and call for testing assistance
Date: 2010-08-16 08:06:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 23:10, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 21/07/10 23:40, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> I've also set up the git server and the scripts around it, that we can
>> eventually use. This includes commit email sending, commit policy
>> enforcement
>> (no merge commits, correct author/committer tag etc) and proper access
>> control
>> (a modified version of the one on git.postgresql.org - since we definitely
>> don't want any external dependencies for the main repository).
>>
>> This is all available for testing now.
>
> Seems to work great. I've got a local clone of that set up now, with
> workdirs for backbranches (per the "Committing Using a Single Clone and
> multiple workdirs" instructions I added to the Committing_with_Git wiki
> page).
>
> I also tested with a bunch of funny commits, including merge commits,
> non-fast-forward commits and a commit with bogus Committer, and the
> post-commit hook correctly rejected all those.

Great, thanks for testing that. I assume this means that the commits
that *should* go through did so? ;)

>> Marc has set up a mailinglist at pgsql-committers-test(at)postgresql(dot)org
>> where
>> commit messages from the new system is sent. If you care about what they
>> look
>> like, subscribe there and wait for one to show up :-) Subscription is done
>> the usual way.
>
> My posts to that lists are been stalled, but looking at the commit mail in
> the "stalled post" reply it looks OK.

Hmm. Were you subscribed to the list? With the same address as your
commits are coming in from?

If not, that would explain it. If you did, I need to figure out why ;)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/