Re: [HACKERS] Seeking Mentors for Funded Reviewers

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org, postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Seeking Mentors for Funded Reviewers
Date: 2011-01-26 22:39:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Richard Broersma
<richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you mean by this.
>
> Now that I read it, I not sure what I meant either. :)  How about this: the
> selection, management, and oversight of grants and mentees should be opaque
> to the community so as to prevent distraction.  There should be no
> appearance of community endorsement of such programs.

I think there's no need to announce who you've made grants too, if
that's what you mean. But it shouldn't be hidden from the community
either. We ought to know who to praise/blame if something good/bad
happens.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company