setting application name post connection

From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: setting application name post connection
Date: 2010-10-08 03:33:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear List,

Is it possible to set application name param after the connection is made?

In our applications the DB connection is made at a top level and is
shared between
many sub-applications. We want to override the application name in
various sub-applicatons
without reconnecting to the database. Is it possible?

regds
Rajesh Kumar Mallah.