Re: Transaction manipulation commands in user defined c functions?

From: Michael Hadjivassiliou <sporegnosis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transaction manipulation commands in user defined c functions?
Date: 2010-06-09 20:24:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

Unfortunately part of the code must be in c. I could follow a hybrid
approach
by coding the stuff surrounded by the transaction blocks in c functions and
the rest in pl/pgsql,
however that approach is not elegant imho.

I can understand that the c api for managing transactions might change in
the future. r there plans for it to become "standardized" at some point?

>Well, sure. Look at the way that plpgsql implements a BEGIN/EXCEPTION
>block, for example. You need to establish a subtransaction and have
>a TRY/CATCH block to catch the error and clean up.

can you suggest some .c files or links to have a look?

Thanks.