Re: Hot Standby: too many KnownAssignedXids

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hot Standby: too many KnownAssignedXids
Date: 2010-11-22 20:49:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:48 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> --------------
> If you suspect a bug in Hot Standby, please set
>        trace_recovery_messages = DEBUG2
> in postgresql.conf and repeat the action
>
> Always useful to know
> * max_connections
> * current number of sessions
> * whether we have two phase commits happening

The trace_recovery_messages parameter does not give more output...

max_connections is set to 100

there have been no sessions on the standby itself, but a few on the
primary database, I don't know how much but probably not more than 10.
The sessions there were doing quite some load however, among them
slony synchronization, since the hot standby master database was
actually a slony replica.

max_prepared_transactions has not been changed from its default value of 0.

Joachim