Re: Incorrect Yum link

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "lacey(dot)powers" <lacey(dot)powers(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Incorrect Yum link
Date: 2010-06-13 11:20:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 02:55, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> The Yum link on:
>
>        http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux
>
> has a section, "CentOS, Fedora and RHEL Yum Repository", that links to a
> page that has moved, specifically:
>
>        RPMs for CentOS, Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux are available from
>        the "PostgreSQL Yum repository."
>            ----------------------------
>
> The old URL is:
>
>        https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore
>
> and the new one is:
>
>        https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pgcore/wiki

This has been fixed at least once or twice by tht ecommandprompt
folks. It's supposed to redirect there. We link to yum.pgsqlrpms.org,
everything beyond that is their fault :-)

CCing JD and Lacey hoping that they can get this fixed, yet again.

> And this text is wrong/old:
>
>        The PostgreSQL Yum repository is maintained by Devrim Gunduz
>        at Command Prompt.

Removed in my suggested rework of the page (see and comment in the
other thread, please)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/