Re: 8.3.5: Types with typnamespace pointing at non-existent pg_namespace oid

From: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.3.5: Types with typnamespace pointing at non-existent pg_namespace oid
Date: 2011-02-22 06:46:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:
> A medium-length story short, this query returns non-zero:
>
> select count(distinct typnamespace) from pg_type where  not exists
> (select 1 from pg_namespace where oid = pg_type.typnamespace);
>
> I did a very brief search in all the release notes for 8.3.5 to
> 8.3.14, but have not found precisely what I was looking for (searches
> for namespace, schema, type, and corruption).

It may also be useful information to know that no recent shenanigans
have happened on this server: it's been up continuously for about 500
days. That doesn't mean something interesting did not occur a very
long time ago, and I'm currently asking around for any notes about
interesting things that have occurred on this machine.

--
fdr