Re: Restore database in postgres 8.4 linux

From: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ALEXANDER JOSE <aangelj(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: postgres admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore database in postgres 8.4 linux
Date: 2010-05-19 22:53:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 16:25, ALEXANDER JOSE <aangelj(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have a question, I have postgres 8.2.5 on a windows server on another
> machine and I have suse linux enterprise 10 postgres 8.4, you perform a
> backup with pgadmin 1.10 to a database and restore the database in the
> version of postgres 8.4 gave me many errors that could not find some
> functions.

Well, you wont get much here unless you paste some of the actual errors.

My guess its its related to full text searching (in which case you
will want to read
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/textsearch-migration.html).
Otherwise its probably some other contrib or 3rd party module you
forgot to install.

Also, I don't know much about pgadmin but make sure it is using 8.4s
version of pg_dump/pg_restore.