Re: Performance Test for PostgreSQL9

From: Selva manickaraja <mavles78(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Test for PostgreSQL9
Date: 2011-02-28 06:39:30
Lists: pgsql-performance

Yes, true now it looks like pg-general. I started out this discussion
because I couldn't get Performance Testing done. But looks like the
performance cannot be done due to the tool cannot be built...:) and all
evils are getting unleashed from this..

OK, I did exactly to move to the top of the directory and run the
./configure first. Everything work until the last time it reports error
now....

checking for -lreadline... no
checking for -ledit... no
configure: error: readline library not found
If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure. It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

I tried man readline and man edit, there seem to manuals on it. I checked
the Synaptic Manager. There seem to be a package called readline-common. I
then search the net for some assistance. Looks like there was another guy
who had a similar problem like me. The URL is

So I tried installing 'readline' using

->sudo apt-cache search readline
AND
->sudo apt-get install libreadline6 libreadline6-dev

Upon answering 'y' to install without verification, I get Bad Gateway error.

Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Err http://my.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/main libncurses5-dev i386
5.7+20100626-0ubuntu1
502 Bad Gateway
Err http://my.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/main libreadline6-dev i386
6.1-3
502 Bad Gateway
Failed to fetch
http://my.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/n/ncurses/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20100626-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
502 Bad Gateway
Failed to fetch
http://my.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/r/readline6/libreadline6-dev_6.1-3_i386.deb
502 Bad Gateway
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
--fix-missing?

Looks like I'm stuck at this level. Please assist to breakaway....

Thank you.

Regards,

Selvam