Re: final patch - plpgsql: for-in-array

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: final patch - plpgsql: for-in-array
Date: 2010-11-22 13:39:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> this patch implement a new iteration construct - iteration over an
>> array. The sense of this new iteration is:
>>  * a simple and cleaner syntax
>
> i will start the review of this one...

so, what is the concensus for this patch?
return with feedback? reject the patch on the grounds that we should
go fix unnest() if it slow?
something else?

the patch itself works as advertised (in functionality) but i haven't
make much performance tests to see if we actually win something

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL