Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting
Date: 2010-08-31 16:09:12
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

On 29 August 2010 20:27, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Okay, I've made a couple other changes, but if it's not working
>> now, I don't think it's supported.  This page suggests that
>> box-shadow isn't yet supported by KHTML:
>> http://www.legendscrolls.co.uk/webstandards/khtml
>
> No shadows in Konqueror.
>
>> I've just tested it in Opera, and CSS as it is causes massive
>> jumps in font size for some elements, so I'll need to fix those
>> too.
>
> Now that you mention it, there are some large fonts for some
> elements in Konqueror, too.  I'll check that after you fix it for
> Opera.

Well that was a pain. Didn't realise there was a special hacky CSS
file to fix fonts for gecko and webkit browsers. We use javascript to
add it in on the current documentation, which is a nasty hack (try
disabling javascript and look at our docs in Firefox, Chrome or
Safari... the monospace text will be really small). Fortunately I've
worked around that, with the downside being that if users have
selected different default font settings for their browser, I've
overridden it. Now the font sizes should be virtually the same in all
browsers.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion