DROPPING INDEX error

From: Atif Jung <atifjung(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DROPPING INDEX error
Date: 2010-06-24 09:44:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm trying to drop an index from called t_sub_ind_1 from table t_submissions
using the role update_all. The role has been granted full access privileges
on the table from which the index is to be dropped. However when trying to
drop the index, sqlca.sqlerrm.sqlerrmc is reporting the following error:

must be owner of relation t_sub_ind_1 on line 1188

I then dropped the index manually from the database, logged in as myself and
I have full administrator priviliges. Ran the code again and this time it
fell over when trying to create the index, saying:

must be owner of relation t_submissions on line 1214

does not having full access privileges as role update_all, also entitle me
to drop and create indexes?

Also how can I find out the owners of a table/index?

Thanks

Atif