Re: Need help with a query

From: A B <gentosaker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "scorpdaddy(at)hotmail(dot)com" <scorpdaddy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help with a query
Date: 2010-10-26 11:05:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

in this case new x-y pairs always goes into foo first.
One could consider creating a view, but would a view be efficient in
this case? A new row in bar, would that not cause it to select max()
value for the x,y pair again, i.e. scan the table bar for the specific
x,y values, or will it be smart enough to do only one comparison?