driver and server questions

From: Heine Ferreira <heine(dot)ferreira(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: driver and server questions
Date: 2011-01-31 19:19:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi

I read somewhere on the web that if you develope your app using odbc and
Postgresql the following applies:

They say if you want to use a 64 bit windows server you must also use a 64
bit odbc driver on the client.
They said you can't have a 32 bit client odbc driver coupled with a 64 bit
windows server or vica versa.
The problem for me is that most people are still running 32 bit windows on
their workstations.
There are many 64 bit windows servers though.
Are correct with their statements?
If this is indeed the case is it ok to run a 32 bit Postgresql server on 64
bit windows server?
What happens if some of the customer's workstations are new pcs?
Can you install 32 bit odbc drivers on 64 bit windows client pcs?
The ideal for me is to run a 64 bit server with a mixure of 32 and 64 bit
odbc clients connecting to the server?

Thanks

H.F.