Re: git: uh-oh

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Max Bowsher <maxb(at)f2s(dot)com>, Michael Haggerty <mhagger(at)alum(dot)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: git: uh-oh
Date: 2010-08-20 22:17:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 23:39, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>>> There are a whole lot of commits listed there that have nothing to do
>>> with anything that ever happened on the 8.3 branch.
>
>> The problem you are looking at here has been fixed.  We are looking at
>> a different problem now.  See:
>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=git-migration-test.git;a=summary
>
> Ah, my apologies for the noise then.  I confess to not having been
> paying close attention to the git thread, but in a quick read-through
> I didn't see any statement that the problem had changed.

I have now pushed a complete copy of the latest migrated repository to
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=git-migration-test.git;a=summary.

This one has tkey keyword expansion on, which we decided we want. My
script that compares branch tips and tags to cvs now shows *zero*
differences. Which in itself is an improvement over the old version of
cvs2git :-)

I have not checked the state of the "newly added files issue" that
Robert found, nor in general verified anything other than branch tips
and tags so far. Anybody who has time to do that, please go right
ahead :-)

If you pulled from this repository before, it' sbeen completely wiped
and replaced, so you'll need to do that to your clone as well.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/