Re: Find all running postgres DB servers on a network

From: Frederiko Costa <frederiko(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Whitney <swhitney(at)journyx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, ojas dubey <ojas(dot)dubey(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Find all running postgres DB servers on a network
Date: 2010-11-17 21:03:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

True. However, I was just assuming that Postgres was running on default
ports. If not, you could also probe in port ranges or even probe the network
for open ports to have an idea and get closer. It might be faster option if
software such as Spiceworks is not being used.

Spiceworks looks a good option too.

~Fred