Re: problem with copy from on a windows system

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Marie-Claude QUIDOZ <Marie-Claude(dot)QUIDOZ(at)cefe(dot)cnrs(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with copy from on a windows system
Date: 2010-10-27 10:31:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Marie-Claude QUIDOZ
<Marie-Claude(dot)QUIDOZ(at)cefe(dot)cnrs(dot)fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I don't find how i can use the command "copy from" with pgadmin in sql
> windows
>
> When i try to execute this command
> "copy dico_coordonnee_geographique from 'C:/Dossier de
> travail/Temporaire/dico_coordonnee"
>
> I receive this text
> " ERREUR: n'a pas pu ouvrir le fichier "C:/Dossier de
> travail/Temporaire/dico_coordonnee> pour une lecture : No such file or
> directory

Are you really using COPY, or \COPY ? The latter is a client-side
feature in psql, which won't work in pgAdmin. The former is a
server-side copy, which should work in any interface, but requires the
file to be on the server.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com