What is better method to backup postgresql DB.

From: Steeles <steeles(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What is better method to backup postgresql DB.
Date: 2010-10-26 18:27:01
Lists: pgsql-general

new to postgresl. need to backup postgresql DB, which way is better to
backup DB.

from training, I learned that we can backup the whole PGdata and other
direcotries to acheive backup goal, originally I was plainned to schedule
jobs to use pgdump to backup all DBs.

so which way is better for backup or there is other way to backup PGDB.

Thanks