Redundant database objects.

From: Andrew Bartley <ambartley(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Redundant database objects.
Date: 2010-07-12 21:40:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

Our project has been running for 10 years now.

We have a large number of orphaned or redundant tables, views, and
functions, due to many years of inadequate source management.

We are running " PostgreSQL 8.3.7 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
gcc-4.3.real (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2 "

Is there an effective way to identify these objects using the stats tables?
Something like a last accessed/used or some such column?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Andrew Bartley
Aimstats Pty Ltd