Re: Git conversion status

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Git conversion status
Date: 2010-09-21 10:46:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 05:38, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Ok, I've pushed a new repository to both gitmaster and the
>> postgresql-migration.git mirror, that has this setting.
>> NOTE! Do a complete wipe of your repository before you clone this
>> again - it's a completely new repo that will have different SHA1s.
>
> AFAICT this version is good: it passes comparisons against all the
> historical tarballs I have, as well as against my checked-out copies of
> branch tips.  History looks sane as best I can tell, too.  I'm ready
> to sign off on this.

Great. All my scripts and manual checks says it's fine too, so...

> NOTE: Magnus told me earlier that the new repository isn't ready to
> accept commits, so committers please hold your fire till he gives
> the all-clear.  It looks okay to clone this and start working locally,
> though.

It is now ready to go. The scripts shuold be in place, and I've
verified both disallowed and allowed commits. Commit messages seem to
be working.

Do keep an eye out on things in the beginning, of course. And remember
that if you do a commit, it might end up getting graylisted by the
antispam servers the first time, so it might not show up right away.

> For the archives' sake, below are the missing historical tags that
> match available tarballs, plus re-instantiation of the Release_2_0
> and Release_2_0_0 tags on non-manufactured commits.  I will push
> these up to the repo once it's open for pushing.

Go for it.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/