Re: Synchronous standby

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synchronous standby
Date: 2011-02-23 17:09:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> In 9.1, we will be able to have synchrnous replication. Also we have
> one standby server chosen by primary to be the synchronous standby
> (still I'm not sure this is correct or not as stated in another mail).

yes, it is. a list of possible synch standbys and one of them chosen
to be the one

> Is there anyway to know which is the synchronous standby? IMO this is
> important for users because that one is likely the least behind to
> primary and will be chosen to promoto in case of primary dying in most
> cases.

i guess, we can put a new column in pg_stat_replication stating the
type of the replication (synch or asynch).
but that is surely a different patch...

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL