Re: running in a virtual environment

From: Richard Sickler <richard(dot)sickler(at)avagotech(dot)com>
To: Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Bear <David(dot)Bear(at)asu(dot)edu>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: running in a virtual environment
Date: 2010-08-27 16:18:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have an 8.3.7 system running on a virtual machine hosted on Windows Server
2008 Hyper-V. I mapped virtual disks to real disks, (DAS), so that I have
two physical spindles and two virtual spindles mapped to them, one each.
Then followed normal good practices. WAL on one spindle, tables on the
other. I have a script that runs every night and backs up the enter virtual
machine.