Re: Re: BUG #5602: Recovering from Hot-Standby file backup leads to the currupted indexes

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, valgog <valgog(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: BUG #5602: Recovering from Hot-Standby file backup leads to the currupted indexes
Date: 2010-08-06 03:56:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Hm, I was looking at that and thinking it seemed unsafe for entirely
> different reasons.  But if you didn't write it, who did?

Incrementally Updated Backups technique has been in the document since 8.2.
In the development cycle of 9.0, I and Heikki appended some description to
make the technique more robust; pg_control file should be backed up first
and the backup end point should be checked before running query.

If it's unsafe, I'm happy to modify it. Which part looks unsafe?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center