Re: pg in the sky

From: Emanuel Calvo Franco <postgres(dot)arg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kasia Tuszynska <ktuszynska(at)esri(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg in the sky
Date: 2010-06-28 19:39:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

> I am aware of the webcast from EnterpriseDB and various blog postings about
> pg replication, I know that at 9 replication is part of core. I am wondering
> however if anybody has actually tried it and/or running it as production.

Never run beta versions on Prod servers. My own tests had good
results, but is different if you want to upgrade a final server. In my
opinion the best you can do is: maintain the current version
(upgrading the patchs) and prepare your DDL and apps to run on 9. When
9 is in a final release, you can switch.

--
Emanuel Calvo Franco
www.emanuelcalvofranco.com.ar