Re: Troubles when compiling a fresh master branch on Windows

From: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Troubles when compiling a fresh master branch on Windows
Date: 2010-08-19 02:01:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I had same issues only on windows, but I solved it in a temporary way

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed git on my windows box. I launched Visual Studio 2008 to
> compile it, and it gives me two errors :
>
> error C2248: 'wxString::wxString' : cannot access private member
> declared in class 'wxString'
>
> This is a implicit conversion problem with wxWidgets from int to wxString
to solve it just replace int value parameter at wxString parameter position
with a explicit conversion like this:

wxString::Format(_T("%d"), integerValueHere)

> (within pgServer.cpp)
>
> and
>
> error C2365: 'STATISTICS' : redefinition; previous definition was
> 'enumerator'

I just change name of this enumeration (two times: at definition and using
it) to something else and it works.

> (within pgObject.h)
>
> No issues on Linux with a fresh master branch.
>
> I remember Adeel Khan had the same issue and I couldn't find a solution
> to the issue. I still can't. Do you guys have found a way to compile a
> fresh master branch from git on Windows?

Regards, Luis.